dinsdag 22 juli 2008

Matchbooks and placemats

And apart from all that cooking, I have also managed to find some time to be creative with the kids and to top it of, I even found the time to sew something! For many of you, a strange thing, but for me almost a miracle! I have so many things I would like to do, so many tutorials in my favourites list... but I never seem to make the time to really make something! I have to learn to squeeze that me-time in my agenda, but it's not easy for me...

Anyway, as said, I did some crafting with the kids. We made these cute little matchbooks using MrMonkeysuit's tutorial. Well, I ended up making the books and the kids decorated them, but it was a nice activity:



And from Lotta Jansdotter's 'Simple Sewing', I made these placemats. I am not a good sewer and I did struggle with the corners, but using this tutorial from Crafty Daisies, they turned out quite allright:


1 opmerking:

atelierlemlem zei

Wat een mooie placemats en boekjes hebben jullie gemaakt! Die boekjes kan ik ook wel eens met de kleintjes gaan maken..ze lijken wel een beetje op die lucifersboekjes van vroeger. Je bent toch nog wel heel hard aan het werk geweest hoor! (Hier moeten die leuke klusjes ook altijd tussen het aardappelschillen en grasmaaien door hoor..)