zondag 25 mei 2008

Rhubarb crumble

Yes, I'm still trying to process all of our rhubarb. This weekend, I have been making about 20 jars of jam: rhubarb-strawberry, strawberry-blueberry and strawberry-raspberry. Mmm, don't think we'll be buying jam the coming winter.

And I also made this lovely rhubarb crumble:

I will try to translate the recipe here:

You will need:

700 g of rhubarb, cut into pieces
150-200 g of white sugar (I added some vanilla sugar)

For the crumble:

200 g of plain white flour
125 g of butter
100 g of cane sugar

Mix the rhubarb with the sugar. Put this mixture in an oven tray. Mix the ingredients for the crumble. Crumble the butter with your fingertops until the dough gets a crumbly mixture. Put the dough on top of the rhubarb and bake the crumble for about 30 minutes in the middle of a preheated oven of 200° until the crumble is lightbrown and crispy. Enjoy!

Geen opmerkingen: