dinsdag 22 april 2008

Gratitude month

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow." -Melody Beattie


I am hereby declaring the following four weeks as Gratitude Month! The last few weeks I have been struggling with myself, I don't want to go into details about this, but I already had two depressions and I don't want to have another one. I am suffering from gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (what a big word) and am having trouble sleeping. I have been thinking alot the past few days and still have a lot of things to deal with. But I feel the time has come to actually do something. I feel that I have a lot to be thankful for and still I'm not happy. How is this possible? Therefore I want to start this gratitude journal by posting each day five things to be happy about, the little simple things of life that we so often take for granted. I'm hoping to keep this up for at least one month. Anyone interested in joining me?


The day is only half yet, but these are my things to be thankful for today:

1. today is the warmest day we have had this year and I'm enjoying the sun as much as possible
2. starting this gratitude journal
3. my new work computer
4. someone who showed a real interest this morning in the way I've been feeling
5. the big cuddle I'm going to give this two precious kids when I'm fetching them from school later today

Pfew, I find it really sad that I had to think so hard for finding five things, hope it will start getting better and better.

Geen opmerkingen: