zondag 1 maart 2009

Renovations

This year we are having some major renovations done to the house. We will be laying a new roof and having all our windows and front door replaced. A lot of work, because having new windows means that we will have to replace some ceilings and paint a few rooms again. Pictures and updates will follow around the month of May.

Now we are working on our attic. Our attic is quite large and we will be making it a place just for the two of us. There is a dressing and a small bathroom. The rest of the attic will be used for our bed (when the kids are a bit older). We will be installing a small seating area where we can relax and read and a desk where I can do some of the crafts I like for which I don't have the space right now. And last but not least, one area will serve as a relaxing place where I can practice my yoga, tai chi and meditations. I am sooooooooooo much looking forward to this, having my own sacred space to relax.

A few weeks ago, the concrete floor has been put in and it gives a whole new look to the place. Now, a lot of painting has to be done, doors have to be put in, the bathroom has to be installed, the floor has to be laid, the staircase has to be finished,... still a lot of work, but we are slowly getting there.

This picture shows our attic viewed from the entrance, in the back, you can see the dressing room:



The next picture shows the attic from the other side:


So you now what we are doing these days, this afternoon I will be painting, fortunately I like painting, it clears my mind...

Geen opmerkingen: